Friday, June 28, 2013

Dumb Luck

Emphasis on the "dumb," because there's not much dumber than letting a three-year-old harvest mulberries while wearing a white t-shirt.

But I was too lazy to go ALL THE WAY UPSTAIRS to get him a different shirt, and whatever, the t-shirt was two bucks at the thrift store. I just didn't care that much.


Mulberry juice on the hands, face, and I think a tiny bit on the shorts. But the white t-shirt? PRISTINE.

And an entirely unrelated Cubby anecdote that I want to record for posterity: Early yesterday morning while he was mid-meltdown, I suggested possibly he had gotten up too early and should get back in bed to rest for a bit (HAHAHAHA--oh, the desperate hopes we exhausted parents cling to at 5:15 a.m.). In response, he wailed, "I can't rest in my bed because it's too wet from my tears."

We're expecting his Academy Award any day now.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA.......Cubby...Cubby.....Cubby.
How did you keep from busting out laughing ?
I would be torn between that and my heart melting to a puddle.
By the way, I love your guts in suggesting he might want to rest in his bed.
Beth

tu mere said...

Yep, he's ready for school, big time. Y'all should be featured on a real time reality TV show. Truly, that line sounds scripted. (My first comment in a while, as I had to catch up on my blog reading after the trip.)

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

That line is CLASSIC!
Ohmigod I love it.

I have heard some doozies from my tot - including 2 hours ago where she informed me: "Well, mom. The pee was in me, then it was in my diaper. And THEN it was on the floor!" (I swear this child is never gonna be toilet trained!!!)

I'm more than a little jealous that you have a mulberry tree. I would love one around me!

karla | A Season On The Mountain said...

I've GOT to remember that one. Adorable!