Friday, April 4, 2008

Excuse Me

I feel the need to clarify, if only for my dad's sake: I am not the upstatekris who is posting dirty videos on YouTube. Seriously, if you put "upstatekris" in a Google search (not that I'm egotistical enough to search for myself on Google. Ahem.) you get me, wholesome, innocent, just trying to have a good time, and THIS OTHER CHICK, using my name and trying to have a whole other kind of good time.

There is also some girl also named Kristin, who also lives in upstate New York, and her MySpace page has pictures of the lead singer of Rascal Flatts. This offends me on many levels. I am not to be associated with her, either.

AND, there's already another blog called "Going Country," written by some people in Appalachia. I did not think to look this up before starting mine, because of course I couldn't believe anyone but me would be original enough to make a clever word play on the Alan Jackson song. Maybe they'll get tired of their hogs or whatever and move back to the city and have no need for a country blog any longer. I'll wait. I'm going nowhere.

Anyway, that's why I decided to use my real first name in my profile, lest I be confused with the dirty upstatekris who has nothing to do with me, I swear. Now that nasty girl is all that will come up if you search for upstatekris on Google. I wouldn't recommend it.

But I'm not changing the title of this blog. You, in the Appalachian holler! Even though you had the name first, please find another name. Throw me a bone--I gotta have something of my own.

Thank you for your attention.

2 comments:

SaraPMcC said...

I'm offended because you thought you'd make a clever word play on an Alan Jackson song. Yikes. But I thank you, because now I'll refrain from Googling "upstatekris." You've saved me some embarrassment.

Carolyn said...

Hi!

I jumped over from Farmgirl Fare.

I love your blog. I am adding you to my favorites!