Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Camera Sure Would Be Nice . . .

If I wasn't such a complete dumbass sometimes, I would have a camera. And if I had a camera, I could have shown you the following things:

-The corn, which is 12 feet high. I'm not exaggerating even the slightest bit, either. It's mutant.

-The BAAAAAAT, squatting on my kitchen floor. That's assuming I was brave enough to stand there a second longer than necessary to photograph the little bastard. Unlikely.

-The table filled to overflowing with garlic harvested from the garden. This will come in handy to repel the vampire BAAAATS. If only that actually worked, I would make a necklace of garlic bulbs and wear it to bed every night.

-The absolutely perfect loaf of bread the MiL made with some of the whey from her mozzarella-cheese-making endeavor. Seriously, it looked like the sort of thing that would be photographed for a cookbook cover. Except we've already eaten half of it, so it's not so photogenic anymore.

-The enormous size of the ram lambs. They're rapidly approaching their date with destiny in the form of our freezer.

-My tomatoes, because I'm a nerd and can't get over my excitement about having fresh tomatoes to eat again. Gimme a month though, and I won't be so excited anymore. How quickly I become jaded . . .

I will remedy my camera-less situation before the end of the week though. Why the end of the week? Because the chicks are shipping on Wednesday, and if that isn't a camera-worthy event, then I don't know what is.

Just remember--don't get attached. Repeat after me: "Fried chicken on legs."

5 comments:

jean said...

Those poor chickens. I already feel my mouth watering.

Roger A. Post said...

We went to the local fair yesterday and saw a few Ramboulet and Suffolk sheep, some wearing their plumply stuffed jackets to keep their fleece clean, prior to showing, I presume.

krysta said...

you know if you wouldn't ruin your cameras, you could get a telephoto lens and take a picture of the bat... just sayin'

p.s. nancy's learning how to slide tackle but her coach is a wuss! especially after she was elbowed in the mouth today, blood everywhere... shh! don't tell the bats. mwhahahahahaha.

SaraPMcC said...

The poor little chicks. But do yourself a favor and do whatever you have to do to get rid of those bats. I'll never feel bad for them.

Anonymous said...

CHICKS! Pictures of the chicks! Huzzah! I am looking forward to this more than you know.

I will TRY not to persuade you to send one to me so that I can love it and squeeze it and call it George.