Saturday, October 25, 2008

It Is NOT Raining Men*

At least that would be interesting, if a little disturbing. No, it's raining plain old depressing cold water droplets. And I'm feeling uninspired this morning. I blame the rain**.

The only thing more depressing than a cold fall rain is a cold spring rain, when you just want winter to REALLY be over and warmth to once again return to life. Summer rain is the only worthwhile rain. It actually has the positive effect of making things grow (as it did this summer to a somewhat ridiculous degree), as opposed to only negative effects, like flooding the cellar and turning our whole property into a mud slick. Perhaps I should open a spa. Or hold mud wrestling tournaments.

Or perhaps I should go stoke the woodstove and settle in for a day of reading and tea drinking by the fire.

Now which option do you think I'm going to go with?

* "It's raining men. Alleluia! It's raining men, every specimen."

** "Blame it on the rain, yeah yeah. Blame it on the stars that shine at night. Whatever you do, don't put the blame on you. Blame it on the rain, yeah yeah."

Me? Child of the 80s? Why do you ask?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I LOVE a cold fall rain. I PRAY for cold fall rain. I PRAISE cold fall rain. Because there's nothing I love more than an excuse to be inside on the sofa under a blanket with nothing else to do. (Well, I could clean house, but who wants to do that?)

Please, please, please enjoy your day for me.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes the "Weathergirls" with their raining men anthem. Gotta love the 80's. Ever watch VH-1's Love the 80's? Some parts of it is a real hoot.

Sweet Bird said...

mudfight!

Drew @ Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

I vote mud wrestling.