Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On the Road Again

Today A. and I will be leaving Tucson and driving north to Phoenix to spend the night with my brother and his family before flying home tomorrow. This means that we will be leaving my parents (of course) and my sister, who also lives in Tucson. Sad.

It also means that we will be leaving my parents' house. This is also sad. It's an insanely comfortable house. Built that way on purpose, because my parents had it built to their own specifications. All the furniture is soft and cushy, there's unlimited hot water, lots of light, beautiful views. And it's really, really clean. All of this means it's pretty much the antithesis of Blackrock. Not a bad place to spend a vacation.

But still, Blackrock--with all its mess, chaos, needy animals, lack of water, and constant chill--is calling us home. It's time.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Pupeez! You really do love us! Glad your trip has gone so well. Travel safely please and arrive whole at Blackrock.

Daisy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. The puppies will be happy when you're home!