Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Welcoming the Weary Traveler

A. is coming home today. Assuming, of course, that none of his flights are delayed or canceled, which would suck beyond belief but would, sadly, not be particularly surprising considering the state of air travel today.

BUT ANYWAY.

So. Yes. Coming home today. And about damn time, too. Two weeks is a long time to be gone. He's ready to come home. I'm ready for him to be home. I even cleaned the house yesterday. Because I know how much I hate to come home to a messy house after a trip. Well, and also because we're going to be having house guests for the next couple of weeks starting on Thursday. But mostly I cleaned for him. And for myself, because the dog fur on the floors was reaching alarming proportions.

Anyway, the house is clean. Also, I have a really big and itchy mosquito bite on my right arm that's driving me nuts.

And on that non-sequitur, I will end. It's that kind of day.

6 comments:

rls said...

Ugh - my house is a horrible mess right now...wish someone would clean it for me. Lucky A. Welcome home, A.!

SaintTigerlily said...

Put salt on your bite if you haven't already. I do that for the really itchy ones and it stops the itch immediately.

Anonymous said...

Sting eze works on the 'skeeter bites too. Haven't tried the salt , but will now..cheaper...but the sting eze I have had about 20 yrs..so I guess I have gotten my monies worth there. Yah, welcome home A.
My word verification is aradar
A radar : )

Phoo-D said...

Welcome home A.! Two weeks IS a long time, especially when there are chickens waiting...

Anonymous said...

I just noticed your "The A Team" tag. HA! Welcome home, A.

mdvelazquez said...

A belated welcome home, A.!