Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Avert Your Eyes

So there Cubby and I were, wheeling down the driveway in the chariot (except he was the only one IN the chariot--why don't they make tandem chariots so the parent can ride too?), on our way to get the newspaper. And there Mia was, lying next to the driveway, chewing away on . . . something.

I didn't want to look at what she was gnawing on. I knew it wasn't going to be anything I really wanted to see. But, much like a car accident, you just can't turn your head away when the dogs or cats are chewing on something. It's horrifying, and yet fascinating at the same time. So, against my will, my eyes were inexorably drawn to the thing in her mouth.

And it was a woodchuck head.

Welcome to my life.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I immediately re-read yesterday's post in order to get today's image out of my head. I should have heeded your warning.

Anonymous said...

oh dear god

Anonymous said...

Wonder how that compares to crawfish heads? hee hee hee hee
avert your eyes....gotta laugh
Leslie had a really great idea I think I will now be re-reading yesterday's post. Beth Bluuuck.

word verification 'ingshali'

how Lovie said "actually"

Daisy said...

Gah! That happens. Believe it or not, we get woodchucks in my city yard. We're fairly close to a river and a park, so woodchucks and opossums are not unheard of in my little plot.

Daisy said...

I didn't set out to leave a second comment, but the word verification this time is "colon." I hope the woodchuck head doesn't cause any indigestion.

Haley said...

Oh, dear. Makes me glad my cats are all indoor-only. Of course, they have to be because otherwise they'd get run over in the suburbs. But they do find bugs and bring them to me like offerings. Sometimes I wish they'd kill the bugs first, though.

At least she's doing her part to keep your woodchuck population down, I guess.

FinnyKnits said...

What? No picture?

Yeah. The dogs are fun like that.

Once on a walk with Jada, I heard a horrible tearing sound and looked down to see her chewing away on squirrel road jerky she'd just torn up off the hot pavement.

Just as happy as could be, too.

Lovable gross dogs.

Alicia said...

Mmmmmm. At least there's one less woodchuck in the world.

Sara said...

am sorry to say I was sort of hoping for a picture! Terrible, huh? Way to prioritize your precious time what with that precious baby!