Friday, September 17, 2010

How About Some Randomness Today?

Yes? Great. It's yours.

Does anyone remember the Cubby Suit? As if I really have to ask. I mean, it was the CUBBY SUIT. The cutest item of baby clothing known to man as well as blessedly warm. Unforgettable, I know.

ANYWAY.

Cubby has outgrown the Cubby Suit, which is very sad. But I have found a somewhat acceptable replacement. It's a kind of padded sweater suit that I think is supposed to actually be a snowsuit for the outdoors. Except because this is Blackrock, we will be using it indoors. Because our indoors is not always appreciably different from the outdoors.

Wanna see? Of course you do.

Hello, puffy baby!

We can't really let him sleep in it, unfortunately, due to the hood and his propensity to flip himself over onto his stomach, thereby making the hood flop over his head and greatly increasing the chances of suffocation. But he can wear it during the day. For about two weeks. Which is about how long it will fit him, I think.

And speaking of sleeping, I caught Mia sleeping in the dog bed under the table in the living room in what looked to me like the most uncomfortable position EVER.

Are there chiropractors for dogs? Because I think she's gonna need one.

In case you can't tell, she was using the table leg as a pillow. Comfy.

Let's see, what else . . . it rained a lot yesterday, which means there will be no potato harvesting today as I was planning. Dammit. I really want my boxes of potatoes at hand in the Pit of Despair. Having to dig them up every time I want to eat potatoes is too much work. Though it would probably help to limit the amount of potatoes I eat. If I wanted to do that. Which I don't.

And Cubby's awake! Okay, end of randomness for the day. Over and out.

5 comments:

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Okay, I have to re-post the MiL's original comment here, but with names changed to protect the innocent . . .

Note to Becky --
That's Per and the Dala Horse on the table above Mia. Cubby is delighted, as are we. Mia doesn't care. Thanks!!

Tak!

jive turkey said...

Woe that the original Cubby Suit is now too small, but the replacement is ALMOST as cute.

I grow insanely attached to Sadie's clothes (mostly her PJs), and I realized last night that I'm going to have to retire her beloved PB&J pajamas now that the weather's turned. Planning to add them to the big box of clothes I love too much to give away (which is getting seriously, embarrassingly out of hand).

Alicia said...

A doggie picture! We haven't seen many of those in a while!!

Daisy said...

Cubby grows like my boy did. I'd put him in a cute little outfit, and two weeks later, he'd be too big for it. Thank goodness for nursing and making my own baby food; without that, we would have gone broke feeding him!

Becky said...

Thanks for pointing out the book, MiL (and Kristin for encrypting the message). Perhaps Mia is sleeping in such an alert position to guard it.