Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let the Sun Shine In

Yes! The sun, it is shining! WHEEEE!!!

There's nothing quite as exciting as a clear, sunny day after a long period of clouds and wet.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get a very long stretch of sunny days this time, which means those poor potatoes that are STILL in the ground are going to have to sit out there awhile longer. The ground is going to be too wet to dig them up today. Poor Adirondack Reds. Don't worry, my lovelies! I'll rescue you as soon as I can! Only to, um, eat you.

Out of the frying pan and into my gullet, as it were.

ANYWAY.

I just love these fall days when the air is clear and the sun shines but doesn't turn me into a sweaty, disgusting mess. I much prefer my sunshine to be in a diluted form. Good thing I don't live in Arizona anymore, as the only kind of sun there is the Extra Strength variety.

Did I have a point to all this rambling? If I did, I can no longer remember what it was. So perhaps I will stop here and go outside to hang my clothes up in the sun. Yes, I think I'll do that.

Happy sunny Saturday, poppets!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, save the planet , hang out clothes. I do. Beth

word verification 'distu'

conjugation - example distu you can do

Drew @ How To Cook Like Your Grandmother said...

Normally I'd come up with some clever way to put you in your place for bragging about your good fortune. But then I remember that you'll typically get whatever weather I'm having, but a day or so later.

Which means you'll be getting this gray rainy stuff by Monday. (Instead of today, when we're doing a garage sale.)


Word verification: sarlin -- The subject of the next low-budget SyFy movie, about a cross between a shark and a marlin.

Alicia said...

We're not expected to have any rain for two more weeks!

Daisy said...

I went outside to pick tomatoes and found - a zucchini! In October! There are many of tiny ones, which would spell potential squash in August, but now, nope. We're due for a killing frost tonight if the forecasters are right.