Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Small Pleasure

After a couple of weeks of inferior (to my tastes, anyway) coffee because I ran out of my New Orleans blend coffee and had to wait until the next scheduled shipment, I was more than ready for my chicory. It arrived yesterday. I had my first cup this morning. The angels sang.

Yes, for coffee. Angels like chicory coffee. Didn't you know?

AND, just to make it even BETTER, the au lait part consisted of some Jersey milk the MiL picked up from a local farm this past weekend. Jersey milk has a much higher percentage of milkfat in comparison to the ubiquitous Holstein milk, and is therefore much richer and more delicious.

So, long-awaited chicory coffee + Jersey milk=JOY.

It's a small and insignificant joy, to be sure. I mean, nothing like the life-changing, soul-stirring joy of Cubby for instance. But since THAT particular life-changing joy decided to wake up at five this morning, the presence of good coffee to keep me from a catatonic state was significantly more joyful.

Have you had any small but nonetheless extremely welcome happiness today? Please, share the joy with us all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too many cars on the freeway going into work. Pathetic, huh. Mary in MN

Anonymous said...

Not yet today....but we did have Jersey milk cows at one time ..Elsie and Iris, oh and her baby Fawn....not all at the same time...we used to milk them. But, if you have a jersey dairy close...that is even better. Take the cream off the top ..put in a quart jar and shake till it makes butter......oooohhhh myyyyyy gggossshhhh.....home made butter....you talk about heaven. Beth
word verification-conun
a helper nun

jive turkey said...

Sadie woke up way early today too. WHAT GIVES, BABIES?!

Joys so far today: brown sugar in my oatmeal & turning on the car heater and getting all toasty while it drizzled outside.

FinnyKnits said...

Hmmm...sucktastic run followed by dressing the husband's bike crash wounds...no simple pleasures yet.

But I'm hopeful. It can only go up from here, right?

mil said...

I fixed a painfully trite sentence in a student paper by deleting a couple of words and adding one that made the sentence connect the themes in the paper.

And the student, bless her heart, GOT IT!

Revisions c'est moi.

Anonymous said...

Calling in sick to work--because I really was/am. Going back to bed and sleeping 6 more hours. Waking up and feeling lots, lots better (although still sniffling, sneezing, and coughing). Being greeted lovingly by the Sweet Kitty Cat.

rls said...

My sis and brother-in-law have a Jersey dairy farm in WI. I love going to their place and drinking the milk literally fresh out of the cow. Yum.