Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Second Verse, Same as the First

A little bit louder and a little bit worse*.

Why, it seems like just last week that I was talking about taking Cubby to the doctor and how bad the weather was.

Oh, right. It was just last week.

In fact, it was a week ago today. And I rescheduled his appointment for today. So of course, the weather had to go and get all shitty. It IS worse than last Tuesday in a way. That way being that it's significantly colder with a seriously awful wind. So the actual temperature is 15 degrees and with the windchill I'm guessing it feels more like 15 below.

But! There isn't nearly as much snow blowing around as there was last week, so I will brave the arctic and get Cubby to the doctor for his flu shot.

I just hope the car starts.

* Does anyone else know this song about Henry the eighth who married the widow next door? And why do I know this song? Was it a Dr. Demento song? Maybe that was where I learned it. Obviously, it was an important thing to keep in my brain for 20 years.

9 comments:

Alicia said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsCeVdCDqjE

Hope you come back to Blackrock alive!

Phoo-D said...

Oh yes! I totally know that song. I used to sing it with gusto as a kid. Hope you two stay warm today! Get a hot chocolate or something while you are in town!

Anonymous said...

It is from your parents' youth: the 60s British Invasion, Herman's Hermits, "Henry the Eighth" sung in an exaggerated lower-class Brit accent "I'm 'en-er-y the Eighth, I am, 'en-er-y the Eighth, I am, I am/ I got married to the widow next door/ She's been married seven times before/ An' ev'ry one was an 'en-er-y."

Rae said...

Anonymous is right. Herman's Hermits. Though you may know it from Patrick Swayze singing it in the movie Ghost. That's where I learned it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks for putting that song into my head for the rest of the day! Mary in MN

Word verification: fackers!
A comment on the terrible weather.

jive turkey said...

I remember that song, and am now furiously trying to forget it again.

We have crap weather here too. Slushy roads, twelve degrees. Should be illegal to be outside of the house or in any kind of clothing other than your pajamas. Be safe!

sheila said...

God I'm old, Anon is correct.... Hermnan's Hermits and I remember when it was released and played all the time on the radio.

Woolies, layers and woodstoves. The only way to survive this crappy weather.

Daisy said...

H-E-N-R-Y I'm Henry the 8th I am, I am!

Tami Bami Wami said...

so that's another plus to being Deaf and never learning the lyrics to henry the 8th. *grin*