Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Kind of Baby

Since I posted no less than four photos of Cubby yesterday, I suppose I'd better not oversaturate this site with more photos today. Which is really too bad, because he had his very first haircut yesterday and yes, I took pictures.

I did not, however, save any of the hair. This probably means I'm a bad mother, but honestly? Hair kind of grosses me out. Victorian hair jewelry has always been particularly repellent to me. Not that I can compare that to a lock of my PRECIOUS BABYYYYYY's hair, but still. If I am judged a failed mother for not taping a hank of Cubby's hair into his baby book, then so be it. I can live with that.

ANYWAY.

So yes. Haircut. Cubby and I tagged along with A. when he went to get his cut, and then we had the lady cut Cubby's hair. This lady has been cutting A.'s hair since he was, oh, about six years old, so it seemed appropriate. She was really good--she moved quickly and didn't cut off an ear or anything, so two thumbs up. Cubby was good, too. He sat on A.'s lap quite calmly and played with a bottle of nail polish. He had a miniature little cape and everything. It was very cute and has all been recorded for posterity. (SEE? I'm not SUCH a bad mother.)

What I did not take a picture of, but really should have, was the mounted deer head that greets you at the door to this salon when you walk in. It is, as the MiL remarked, a country salon. Indeed.

ANYWAY AGAIN.

Instead of pictures of MY baby (who is much less of a baby these days and much more of a toddler, complete with the pigheadedness and manic energy that characterizes those small people), I will instead leave you with a picture of another baby on the property.

If you're having lamb for Easter dinner, don't worry. They are nowhere NEAR this cute when they're turned into the "leg of" kind of lamb.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet...until you realize how incredibly stupid they are.

mil said...

Ah, but some sheep are much, much smarter than others. A's biggest, boldest ewe, Bonnie, is devilishly smart. Luckily, her greed knows no bounds (so she will go anywhere for a handful of grain), and also luckily, she is gentle. But she has no wool over HER eyes, so to speak.

Daisy said...

Another reason I prefer lamb over veal.

We will see Cubby's haircut, won't we? Some day?

Alicia said...

Looks yummy!

Ohiofarmgirl said...

she looks delicious! ha! saw you over on farmgirlfare... i'm SO gonna win that give away! whoooot!
:-)

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

How much do I love the line "pigheadedness and manic energy"?

Brilliant.