Saturday, October 8, 2011

Signs

There's a Clifford the Big Red Dog book in my bathroom, along with a step-stool under the sink and a miniature plastic toilet . . .

My kitchen ALWAYS contains Cheerios . . .

A garishly colored plastic car resides next to my bed, along with a cloth book that begins, "Singing, swinging little monkey lives high above the ground . . ."

The washing machine is always running . . .

There's a miniature wooden barn on the floor of the living room . . .

The kitchen floor is currently home to a plastic alligator with wheels, a wooden hammering bench with pegs, and a couple of crumpet rings that the MiL has not used for crumpet-making in a decade but that roll most satisfyingly across the sloping floor . . .

And my shoes can be found in any room downstairs, as a certain small-footed someone is fond of stepping into them where they are left next to the door so he can clump around and pretend he's big.

Yup. Must be a toddler in the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's okay. I'm pennies off being a senior citizen and I'm sharing my office with a big yellow plastic truck, the bottom drawner in my kitchen is filled with teeny tiny little cups and saucers and pots and pans and I just found uncooked macaroni under my bed. You are not alone.

Daisy said...

Definitely. That's part of the fun of having kiddos.