Saturday, March 24, 2012

Co-Workers

A. built a new, smaller rowboat so he and Cubby could go fishing. Obviously, Cubby was instrumental in the building process.

Cubby calls it "The Floating Bear," after Pooh's "boat" (a honey pot) in the part about the flood in A.A. Milne's book*. Let's hope "The Floating Bear" is lucky for the fishermen.

* Incidentally, if you have children or want a gift for children you know, you should definitely buy the A.A. Milne books for them--Winnie the Pooh, The House at Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young, and Now We Are Six. The last two are actually books of poems, which is nice for small children and their short attention spans, and the first two are chapter books. All four are well-written and charming and actually fun for the adult to read, which is very, very rare for children's literature.

5 comments:

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

I like the diligent working. He's so concentrated on his task! Soon, you'll have three lovely mens out there doing all your dirty work.

Lucky.

Anonymous said...

Winnie the Pooh stories are wonderful for children--and their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles. Charming--and lovely opportunities to learn about accepting people of all sorts. I cannot say enough positive about them--lots of pleasure from reading and re-reading.

Glenda in CO said...

I love the Winnie the Pooh stories - I can really relate to Eeyore some days. I am not feeling well today, that might be a good book to find....very comforting.

Phoo-D said...

What a charming picture! I love Cubby's sweater vest. I had a big chapter book of Winne the Pooh as a kid and still remember my mom reading from it. Wonderful stuff.

Daisy said...

I love A.A. Milne. My student enjoyed the stories, too - even my "jaded" 6th graders.