Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eating Habits

Cubby really loves curry. Anything curry. Which is great, because I love curry too. What I do NOT love, however, is curry powder staining every article of clothing that it touches. And when a two-year-old is eating it, that's a lot of clothing.

I suppose I could just not give him anything with curry powder in it, but that seems mean, considering how much he likes it. Maybe I should start letting him eat curry sans clothing. That'd be one solution.

And on a somewhat unrelated note, Cubby also seems to love anything he can eat on the go in the garden. At the moment, that only means a volunteer arugula plant and the chives. Arugula I can understand; I nibble on it myself from time to time. But chives? Plain chives? Those are spicy, man. The kid eats them by the handful and then goes around stinking of onion for the rest of the day.

He's very excited to start eating the asparagus, which is just starting to poke out of the ground. And I'll be very happy to let him eat it as soon as it's ready. Especially if it keeps him away from those chives. Gross.

4 comments:

flask said...

you think chive breath is better than asparagus pee?

just sayin'.

Phoo-D said...

One answer: Green Sprouts Long Sleeve Waterproof bibs size 2T-4T. http://www.amazon.com/green-sprouts-Sleeve-Waterproof-Months/dp/B004K6LNNS/ref=sr_1_5?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1333681461&sr=1-5 I would do so oh so much laundry without these bibs! Very strong stains do carry through (like ketchup or wet curry) so I double up and put a regular bib over the top. It works wonders. Anna loves curry too. Hooray for kids who appreciate flavor!

sheila said...

One year I went one whole season thinking I couldn't grow kale. I thought the rabbits were eating it as fast as it grew as it never seemed to get more than an inch tall. Then I found my 6 yr old son going through the garden snipping it off to eat. It seems he would get hungry while I was cooking and would go out to the garden and eat salad off the vine as a 1st course. Apparently 10 ft of kale couldn't keep up with his voracious appetite.

Daisy said...

I remember eating chives right out of the garden when I was a kid. I don't do that any more. Is that a sign of maturity? Maybe. I like to think so.