Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Mini Things in Life

Part of our toilet training efforts with Cubby have involved miniature marshmallows as a reward. I do not know why that child has such a great love of marshmallows, but he adores them more than anything else. So we now have mini marshmallows in the bread drawer.

I don't generally have much use for marshmallows, but there is no denying that there is something incredibly appealing about the miniature ones in hot chocolate. It's a (literal) small thing, but it always lifts my spirits to drop several of those small chunks of jelled sugar into my cocoa, where they will float and melt and get all gummy and yummy.

Just a random happy thought for you today.

P.S. Due to the 25 people we're expecting for Easter dinner tomorrow, it's entirely possible I will not be here tomorrow to wish you all a happy chocolate bunny day (not that I have one of those to look forward to tomorrow anymore . . .). So allow me to wish you a Happy Easter prematurely, poppets. May your day be merry and bright. And filled with the things that make you happy, large or small.

1 comment:

Phoo-D said...

Hot chocolate is definitely one of the 'guilty pleasures' of pregnancy. Mini marshmallows make it all the more fun! Have a wonderful Easter tomorrow. You are a trooper for hosting so many people!