Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fine Family Fun

There is no denying that Cubby is a challenging child.  He's scary-smart--scary because he remembers every single thing you ever do or say and will tell you in no uncertain terms if you say something wrong or do something he doesn't think is right--incredibly high energy, very articulate and vocal (translation: he never stops talking), aggressive and physical, and just the tiniest bit stubborn (translation: kid's a damn mule).

I love him dearly, but he wears me out on a daily basis.

Luckily for him, he also entertains me on a daily basis.  Like the other day when I was making dinner and he came clomping into the kitchen in this outfit:


This child is nothing less than awesome, am I right?

I guessed correctly that he was going hunting.  He then informed me that he was going hunting for deer with his .22.  I remarked that the necklaces were an interesting accessory to his hunting outfit.  He explained that the necklaces were so the other hunters wouldn't think he was a deer and shoot him.

No arguing with that logic.

8 comments:

sheila said...

Looks like he better lay off the bottle so he can see to shoot straight. It was the sun glasses askew that tipped me off.

Phoo-D said...

Lol, love it. This will be a picture you hang to for years.

Anonymous said...

Seems as if you should save this picture to show at his wedding reception... (several years from now, of course)

Anonymous said...

Sheila's comment has me laughing so hard I cant remember my original comment...

Farmgirl Susan said...

Too cute.

Joan @ Debt of Gratitude said...

THAT is a keeper. (Both the hunter and the photo.) I have a similar one of Parker that age wearing only cowboy boots, a cowboy hat, and his tighty-whities. His future spouse will adore me for sharing it.

FinnyKnits said...

You must post this framed photo next to his first deer.
Awesome.

Daisy said...

I love his creativity.