Saturday, December 1, 2012

Weaponry

Cubby did not have a good morning this morning.  I don't know if it's the remains of the cold he's still dealing with, or a bad night's sleep, or just general cussedness, but there were many fits and tantrums and tears.

The morning can probably best be illustrated by the episode in which he was reduced to hysterical tears for a good ten minutes (which were, of course, not good AT ALL) when he continued to shoot at me with the Oklahoma piece from his United States puzzle (admittedly gun-shaped, though I never noticed the resemblance until today) despite a warning that I would take it if he kept doing that*.  He did, so I did.

Yes, I have been reduced to confiscating Oklahoma from my toddler for inappropriate use of a puzzle piece.  Super.

I can only hope he wakes up from his nap with a better attitude.  He's not getting that stupid puzzle back, that much I know.

* Keeping him from pretending every blessed thing is a gun would be a futile endeavor, but I refuse to be menaced by vacuum cleaner attachments or his recorder all the livelong day.  Which is exactly what would happen if I didn't enforce the rule that pretend shooting at me results in real confiscation.  And it still happens every day.  I will never fully understand this innate boy thing.  I just find it irritating.

5 comments:

flask said...

it is a good rule to confiscate anything used for pretend firing at you or any other people. it is good to reinforce the idea that shooting at people is not a good first choice.

i feel compelled to say that weaponization, while most commonly found in the make child, is not the exclusive province.

i know a girl whose happiest day was the day she shot her first bear.

she's going to be an AWESOME prom date, i'll bet.

flask said...

*male. the male child. duh.

sheila said...

Shooting the hand that feeds you is never a good idea.

Linda said...

Maybe Cubby needs to have a Mom and Cubby adventure together...alone. Trip to town, lunch or ice-cream just the two of you.

Joan@Debt of Gratitude said...

Us Okies call it a frying pan, but I can see how Cubby made a barrel out of the handle. And it is innate, along with some other scary traits you'll discover in adolescence :-)