Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Momentous Occasion

Okay, not really.  The occasion was Thanksgiving, which was not really so momentous, as it comes every year and we spend it with the same people always.  But this year, my sister-in-law had her camera.  And she was taking pictures.

NO ONE in the MiL's family EVER takes pictures.  Like, ever.  I have never seen a camera at one of these gatherings.  But there was my sister-in-law, asking people to pose all over the place.  

She married into the family, you see.  Hence the aberrant behavior.

She asked if she could take a picture of me with Charlie.  And then there were A. and Cubby running in from the other room.  Which led to the only picture in existence of the four of us.  Literally the ONLY ONE.


I didn't say it was a GOOD picture*.

Give that woman a prize.

* Remember how I mentioned that one time how I get so flushed in other people's houses that I look totally drunk?  Yeah.  There's the photographic evidence.  I was not drunk.  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She deserves a prize...good for both of you. Your boys will be glad to have photographic evidence of familly life. Beth

FinnyKnits said...

Good news is that if you do decide to get drunk, no one will notice. Well, not because of your flushed appearance anyway.

Meanwhile, I think it *is* a good photo. No one's screaming, everyone appears in good spirits, there aren't any visible dead animals hanging from hooks anywhere - all good.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a MARvelous picture! Perhaps you'll do more of them...?