Monday, January 28, 2013

Moonlight on the New Fallen Snow

So magical. So beautiful.  So confusing to an almost-three-year-old who thinks it's daylight and time to wake up at 2:30 in the damn morning.  Not so pretty then, when I have to get out of bed and walk Cubby back to his room, tuck him back in, and sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" so he'll go back to sleep.

And of course, it would have been when Charlie was actually sleeping.  Had it not been for that unfortunate wake-up, I could have slept a whole five hours, between Charlie's 12:30 a.m. snack and his 5:30 a.m. waking for the day.

The children are obviously conspiring against me and my attempts to get some sleep.

However.  This morning's snowstorm that turned into rain (of course we were out in it--what, you think we'd spend a stormy morning inside by the fire reading quietly and drinking hot cocoa? HAHAHA) means that there is now a heavy cloud cover that will block the almost-full moon tonight and we hope allow all of us to sleep through the night.

Well, all of us except Charlie.  And me.  But maybe MOST of the night.  That's all I'm going for nowadays.

2 comments:

Drew @ Willpower Is For Fat People said...

Blackout curtains are a Good Thing.

Daisy said...

Conspiracy. I swear, these boys plan when you're not around.