Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Don't Understand

The other day Cubby dressed himself in what he referred to as his "first costume."  I don't know what the second costume might be, but it would be pretty hard to top this one:


Yuh huh.

In case you're having trouble figuring out what's going on there (as did I), those are the bunny ears and a bow (as in bow and arrows) he put around his waist.  Shortly after this picture was taken, he started dancing around.  So maybe the bow is supposed to be like a tutu?

Hell if I know.  Your guess is as a good as mine.

And speaking of the little dictator there, he had an outing today with his father and A.'s friend Jodi and Jodi's five-year-old son.  They went to ride toboggans.  It was all very wholesome and nice for the children.  Except for the junior pissing contest that occurred, with Cubby insisting he was boss and the other boy insisting he wasn't.  And then A. ending the argument by saying HE was the boss.

I don't understand boys.  Too bad I have two of those confusing creatures.

Speaking of that second boy, when I was changing Charlie this afternoon, I pulled off his diaper cover and discovered . . . a screw.

What. The. Hell.

First I find hardware in my frittata, and now in my son's undergarments?  WHAT is going on around here?

I have no idea how that screw got in Charlie's diaper.  I'm just glad it wasn't a sharp-tipped one.  And now I'm going to equip Charlie with tools, since obviously he needs them for self-defense.


Just don't put that hammer in your diaper, okay?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hubs wanted to know if Cubby got to use his snow shoes 'up north' the other week?
I guess we all get a wild hair once in awhile ... (Cubby's outfit) :) Beth

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Beth: No, not on that trip. It was more of an errand--not a lot of time up there for tramping around.

FinnyKnits said...

I'm going out on a limb here, but I suspect that Cubby had something to do with the hardware ending up where it didn't belong.

Just a hunch...