Saturday, January 10, 2015

Home Decor

This morning Cubby got all inspired by an episode of Bob the Builder and decided to make his own wind chimes. He needed to find "metal things that will clank together."

No problem. We have a large supply of cheap-ass beer cans . . .


This is so trashy, I can't even believe it.

I came in the kitchen to find Cubby concentrating mightily on tying these beer cans together with kitchen twine. A. was sitting at the table with him, eating breakfast.

"Beer cans?" I said accusingly to A. "Really?"

"I didn't want to stifle his creativity," he said with a straight face.

The finished masterpiece was placed outside by me in a carefully chosen spot. Carefully chosen to be out of sight of any visitors to our house and also in a spot where the wind is unlikely to blow them around very often, because I can't stand wind chimes. Why anyone would deliberately create more noise when the dreaded wind is blowing is beyond me.

Thanks for nothing, Bob.

1 comment:

tu mere said...

You picked the perfect spot. They look like they belong.