Saturday, June 15, 2019

An Unfortunate Casualty


My loyal coffee cup has finally given up the ghost. The coffee cup that I bought in the Small City near Blackrock when I was pregnant with Poppy. It was extra-large--crucial given my chronic lack of sleep in the past two years--extra-wide, and, well, mine.

I dropped it this morning when I was taking it out of the dishwasher. It hit the door of the dishwasher, but didn't seem to sustain any damage. I had my first cup of blessed coffee, took a firm grip on my coffee cup to get up for the second one, and . . .


Okay then.

At least it didn't break while I was drinking my coffee, thereby depositing sharp pieces of ceramic in my coffee or, like, slicing my lips.

Good old coffee cup. Loyal to the end.

I had to have my second cup in Charlie's dinosaur mug. The dinosaur skeletons become visible when hot liquid is added to the mug.


Whimsical, but not big enough.

Luckily, we're leaving for Blackrock next week (I can't think about this yet, or I will succumb to the overwhelm), so I can add another coffee mug to the long list of things to look for at a thrift shop while I'm there.

In the meantime, I'll be having my coffee in a sub-par cup and mourning the loss of my faithful old companion.

5 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Look forward to the hunt. What is next... a soup mug sized coffee cup or the most perfect look? Have fun at Blackrock. Bring home some garden goodies.

Kay said...

I totally understand the need for the perfect cup. Mine is a hand-thrown lovely from Vail CO. Holds the perfect amount and keeps it at the right temp for the right amount of time for me to drink it. Safe travels to BlackRock.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think the skeleton showing is kind of cool!
I hope you have a safe trip & enjoy every minute!
Linda

mil said...

I live in fear that I will break my favorite--and I still mourn the loss of the Switzer. You have my sympathy! If you see a good cup in multiples, buy a back-up.

Anonymous said...

"I can't think about this yet or I will succumb to the overwhelm." Amen. So true, on so many topics!