Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Gloom in the Refrigerator


Our refrigerator lightbulb burned out a couple of days ago. In the grand scheme of things, this is a minor inconvenience. But there is something very discouraging about opening the refrigerator door and peering through the murk to find food.

Given how often during the day I have to open that door, that's a lot of hits of minor discouragement.

Thankfully, we had already planned a trip to the Outside World this weekend, so I can replace it relatively quickly. And I bet it's going to be a real mood-booster for a few days every time I open the refrigerator door and see that cheery bulb lighting my life once again.

That's all. Happy Wednesday.

4 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Then you will see how bright the new inside of your refrigerator is. I see a refrigerator cleaning in the near future.

EACFord said...

My mom's went out years ago and she still hasn't replaced it. She's obviously fine with it but I agree with you- very disconcerting.

mil said...

Your "outside world" lists are undoubtedly pretty impressive! When the kids are a little older you can turn them into a treasure hunt--I remember that A's brother was a huge help in the grocery store, as he remembered where things were and exactly which products I bought.

Amy said...

Buy a couple in case you get home and find one doesn't work. And you'll have a spare in any event.