Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Fancy-pants

Poppy recently discovered the bag of dress-up clothes and jewelry my mother left here last time she visited. I had hidden the bag in my closet, intending to save it for a literal rainy (or snowy) day, when indoor distractions are more necessary. 

She found it*, though, and I can't be too annoyed, because just look at this:


She also brushed her own hair just before this, which is why it has so much, ahem, volume.
(Sparkly pants courtesy of my sister-in-law, who sent some of my niece's outgrown things and this pair of pants immediately became the favorites here.)


She actually decided she doesn't like the tiaras, so I might have to wear those myself.

This girl has zero examples of ultra-feminine style. I certainly don't fill that roll, and the only other inhabitants of this household are bucks. If you'll pardon the woodchuck expression. 

So I guess this great desire for sparkly things is just hardwired.

And also hilarious.

* She found it because I had to clear everything out of the closet to investigate the mouse scurryings we were hearing at four in the morning. Which is when I discovered the little cache of nuts the rodent had stolen from the pantry and secreted away in between the folds of a blanket. GROOOOOOSSSSSS.

8 comments:

mil said...

The lady has style!

sheila said...

Looks like she has star qualities and is willing to ham it up. Theater here she comes.

Cheryl said...

Those pictures are so cute. They take me back to the time when mine was a miniature glamour princess. The time went by so fast.

tu mere said...

Kids are such a trip! See, she really is part girly girl, even if it's just with pants. Oh, the mouse thing is really gross. Reminds me of the momma mouse that had her babies in my upright piano when we were on vacation. Used the rug for her nest; not sure what she was eating but trapping them all in our bedroom was so special. So, I truly understand the gross factor!

Anonymous said...

How adorable. Love Poppy's style!
Linda

Anonymous said...

I think hard-wired is a great way to put this trick of unlearned preference. :)

Also, mice (green puke face).

Karen.

Gemma's person said...

The last photo of her I thought, well, you can tell she is growing up with boys.
This is so totally glam instead.

Gemma's person said...

The photo on your last post I mean.