Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunny

Despite some efforts at planting flowers, I have mostly been unsuccessful thus far in growing anything decorative on this property. Luckily for me and my desire to have flowers on tables, however, there are wild sunflowers growing all along the ditches on our road. I have taken to bringing a few of those inside to put in the old milk bottle that serves as my very fancy vase on the table.

A couple of days ago, I realized that the sun comes in through the kitchen window at just the right angle at about 7:15 every evening to do this:

 Spotlight on the sunflowers (and the ornamental sage).

It reminded me of this. Naturally spotlighted flowers are apparently a theme for me.

I also just realized that today is Sunday. I find all this much more entertaining than is probably warranted.

That's all. Happy Sunday. (Ha.)

4 comments:

mil said...

Lovely! Oh how can it be that I never gave you any of my too-many vases?? Not that there's anything wrong with a milk bottle. Nothing at all. I recently saved a particularly lovely French rose bottle for just such a purpose.

Gemma's person said...

My favorite kind of flowers...free and still beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Linda

Anonymous said...

All that sun ;)

Doubt I could live in the PNW ... no sun.

Also reminds me a bit of a freshman-year dorm experience of a girl from New Hampshire coming back from a drive with some Kansans bearing an ENTIRE 8-foot sunflower plant. She thought they were imaginary, apparently, kind of like I never believed in lightning bugs 'til I saw some in my teens. (At whole-plant volume, sunflowers are so stinky.)

Karen.