Sunday, January 31, 2021

Snapshots: Seeeeds!!!

Let's get right to the most exciting part: Gardening Season 2021 has officially begun.


Mixing water into potting soil.


And very carefully filling the pots.

We planted 12 cabbage seeds, thereby beginning the cycle of sauerkraut anew.

Nothing will top that, but let's see what else we have.

 
A frosty sunrise on the range after a cold fog the night before.


Unfortunately, I had chosen to hang clothes the night before to avoid hanging them in the strong winds we were supposed to get in the morning. They did not dry overnight. Instead, they got frosted. (They did dry during the day, though.)


And a completely random shot of dishes in progress. A snapshot of a very significant part of my life.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Poppy is a great helper!
Linda

mil said...

Megatons?

Natalie J said...

We're not in a place to plant seeds yet (need to wait a few more weeks), but we ordered seeds yesterday! Also very exciting :)

Gemma's person said...

What a fine snapshoot. :)

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Linda: She is.

MiL: Nope, Golden Acre, I think they're called. We didn't have any Megaton seeds left, and I was not enthused enough about their flavor to buy more. They seemed kind of sharp tasting to me.

Natalie: Yay! Seed ordering is almost as much fun as seed planting.

G.P.: Thank you.

Claire said...

Poppy takes her job very seriously!

Anonymous said...

I Love the fact you post shots which show real life! Dishes in progress also feature heavily around here.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Anonymous: Doesn't get much more real than this life, I suspect. :-) Plus, I'm such a terrible photographer, I wouldn't know how to make the photos look like anything but a literal real snapshot of a moment in time.