Thursday, April 1, 2021

Let the Games Begin

At 5:30 a.m., Cubby's alarm went off. Shortly thereafter, Cubby appeared, fully dressed. Of course, I asked him why he had set his alarm to go off a full hour before he usually gets up for school.

"It's April Fools'. Now I have a whole hour to get my bag of tricks ready."

My clocks are now set two hours ahead, there's a trip wire across the other boys' bedroom door, and Cubby just asked me which shoes his brothers wear to school.

I expect there to be some retaliation from said brothers today. I just hope they forget about me in all the, ahem, fun.

If you were wondering what my least-favorite day of the year is, now you know: April Fools' Day with a bunch of little boys. 


2 comments:

Jody said...

So, so true. But we got the kids good today. We had a rain that left a gazillion worms on our patio, and we told them they had to pick them off before they dried out and got stuck on. And we meant it-- no fooling. Ten years from now they'll be saying to each other, "Hey, you remember that time we had to pick a gazillion worms off the patio before breakfast on April Fool's Day?"

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Jody: HA. I don't think that would a hardship for my sons, though. At least, if they were promised a fishing trip with the worms.