Sunday, May 2, 2021

Snapshots: Food, Laundry, Kids

I didn't take very many photos this week, thanks to being at work so much. 

Speaking of being at work . . .

A. did some laundry during the week while I was working, but I never did get it all put away, which is why I had this situation to address on Friday morning.

 


I actually don't mind doing laundry (usually) and I find it very satisfying to get it all put away, so the laundry pile-up was bugging me.

We had a week of very strong winds, which is definitely not the kids' favorite weather, but Cubby found the lemonade in those particular lemons by fashioning a sailing wagon that actually sailed down the road.


Created by Cubby using Calvin's wagon, and named the St. Poppy.

I was informed that he used a leg of mutton sail, which of course meant nothing to me. I have no idea how Cubby even knew what that was, but whatever sail it was, it worked. They sailed about a quarter mile in it, with Captain Cubby at the helm.

Everyone else got a turn, too, but they mostly fell over in the ditch or crashed into the fence. Rough seas, I guess.

Switching gears . . .

My parents arrived Friday just for the weekend so they could be here for Calvin's First Communion. We were at the dentist* Friday afternoon and didn't get home until almost 6 p.m., so my mom brought us dinner. This included a rather impressive variety of vegetables for crudites.


Amazingly, every bit of this got eaten.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

* Thanks to pandemic disruptions and my own poor planning, it had been almost two years since the boys had been, and Poppy had never been. So all four had appointments, and none of them had any cavities. I was very relieved, as I had no desire to drive another 180 miles for fillings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, laundry is my most loved household chore, ESPECIALLY hanging clothes on the clothesline outside to dry. Grocery shopping, not so much.
Linda

mil said...

Good job on the kids' teeth. The benefits of not stuffing sweets and treats down them. Hurrah for vegetables! The sail wagon amazes me.

Karen. said...

Dental visits are not my favorite part of parenting. Happy first Communion, Calvin.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Calvin, on your first communion!

Kate said...

oops, those congratulations weren't anonymous, they were me.