Sunday, September 5, 2021

Snapshots: A Mix of Pretty and . . . Not

Let's pretend this is Instagram and start with pretty, shall we?

 


First light is the best light.

And on a much less aesthetically pleasing note . . .

When I say I'm "picking meat," this is what I mean. 


Three chicken carcasses pressure-cooked into stock, then dog scraps in the skillet, meat for us in the Pyrex measurer, and bones/trash in the Pyrex pan. About half an hour of work. Tedious, but necessary to use every bit of those meat birds.

I don't know who set up this scene in Calvin and Jack's room, but it certainly is carefully staged.


We can all be glad that T-Rexes are extinct.

Let's end with something less grisly.


A tiny chef works.

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

2 comments:

Kit said...

I hate picking chicken too! I finally started wearing plastic gloves, which keeps stuff from getting under my fingernails. But the picked meat is so great to have!

Anonymous said...

That first shot is absolutely beautiful!
Linda