Sunday, September 19, 2021

Snapshots: Morning Light and Stacked Animals

You know what the boys really love? When A. goes in to wake them, warbling "Morning Has Broken." He has no ear for music, but he makes up for it with volume and dramatic delivery. 

This is a much more pleasant way to start the day.


Much quieter, too.

I almost always take photos of the the road I walk on as I'm walking away from our house. This is what it looks like when I'm on my way home.


Hello, trusty bus.

The trumpet vines that are choking out my green beans by the front fence are annoying, but they put on a nice display for anyone driving by in the morning.


Unfortunately for them, I value food much more than aesthetics, so next year they will be severely curtailed.

We have a metal bunk bed on our covered porch that was left there by the previous owner. I think his nephews used to sleep out there when they visited, maybe? I don't know. It's ugly and weird and I really want to get it out of the porch. * 

The animals, however, find this bed to be very useful. Odin spends almost all his time either under the bed on the ground, or on the lower bunk. The chickens also find it a very comfortable place to lay their eggs. I came out the other day to find Odin under the bed, one chicken on the lower bunk, and yet another chicken on the top bunk.

It was hard to get a photo that showed all three animals, and the best I got was this one where you can just see Odin's paws underneath and the top-bunk chicken's tail.


It was very amusing to me, in any case. 

And there you have it! My life, snapshotted.

* Yes, we have lived here for three years now. We've had more-pressing concerns when it comes to home improvement.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Odin & the chickens are too funny!
Linda

mil said...

The vine seems to be a kind of morning glory, which is in the sweet potato genus.