Sunday, December 12, 2021

Snapshots: Here and There

This week's photos are all over the place. Let's get started, shall we?

On a small side street of the town I took Poppy and Jack to for their adventure, I drove past this remarkable residence. I had to stop and take a photo for A. the Stonemason.


Is it a mini-monastery? Is it a mini-castle? Whatever it is, it didn't look inhabited anymore, which is a shame. This is a home with character, to say the least.

Poppy is the only one of the children who is always excited to go to school. Unfortunately, preschool is only two days a week, which means on the other two days, she's sad that her brothers get to go and she doesn't. A. and I had to go to the school to pick some things up last week, though, so she got to come along and play on her playground on a Thursday.


And then she climbed all by herself to the highest bar on this thing! Doesn't get much better when you're four.

A couple of the boys decided to be complete cliches and break a lamp in the living room during a wrestling match. Unfortunately, it was the reading lamp right next to A.'s chair. Fortunately, only the ceramic base broke. All the electrical components were fine, and sitting on the bookcase right next to the broken lamp was a wooden vase with a top that my dad had made us years ago and that was the perfect shape for a new lamp base.

So A. drilled a hole in the bottom, chiseled out a groove for the cord, and put it all together.


Broken lamp rescue.


Ta da! (Pay no attention to that picture on the wall. I had just taken it down to dust it and realized after this photo was taken that it was slightly crooked. It has since been straightened. I know you were worried.)

And, as always, we'll close with Walk Photos. This time, however, thanks to late sunrises and early school departures, we have a late-afternoon walk.


The sun wasn't quite setting yet, so we have a dramatic cross of light rather than a silhouette.

And of course, everyone was awake at this time of day, so I had more company than just my usual canine companions.


Yes, that's an old toilet plunger in Jack's hand. And no, I don't know why.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good call on the lamp repair/replace.
I have a vase similar to yours that my dad made.
Linda

Plaidgirl said...

Looks like you now have a boy-proof lamp!!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Plaidgirl: I'm not sure there is such a thing . . .

Plaidgirl said...

Especially the bigger they get!!!

Anonymous said...

The lamp is beautiful! I love it! - Susan in NC

(I've been away for awhile and trying to catch up)