Tuesday, March 1, 2022

T.T.: I Know One Thing, That I Love You

When Cubby was only about two years old, he used to LOVE to watch the video for "Say Hey I Love You" with me. 

It's by Michael Franti and Spearhead, a group I knew nothing about then and still know nothing about, except for this one song. And this song never fails to make me happy.

The lyrics are pretty repetitive, but manage to drive home the point that a loving relationship with another person is the most important thing there is. 

The video itself is a little too choppy for me--why does the camera have to cut to another shot every two seconds?--but it is still joyful, entertaining, and fun to watch.

Three things we could all use more of these days. Along with love. That, there can never be enough of.

Whether you like the style of music or not, go ahead and watch the video and see if it makes you smile. It always works for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It made me smile!
Linda

mil said...

Yes, and it reminded me of the kids dancing to Billy Idol. So another smile!

Karen. said...

So now I've been listening to Michael Franti all afternoon and I feel like it's perfect for a sunny day that has a touch of gloomy on the inside.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Karen.: That is an excellent description.

Jess said...

Try listening to The News by Carbon/Silicon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdAppzmnGsE

Or Freedom by Jon Batiste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YHVC1DcHmo

Both are very danceable songs