Sunday, July 10, 2022

Snapshots: A 360-Degree Walk

I thought it would be fun to stand in the spot I usually turn around on my morning walks and take a photo of the four cardinal directions. So I stood there and turned counterclockwise 90 degrees and took a photo all the way around.


Up the road . . .


The neighbor's pasture . . .


Down the road to our house . . .


And the same neighbor's pasture on the other side (with the old schoolhouse in the distance).

That was fun!

Those pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago, though, and look how green it is now!


Much better.

The garden is starting to evidence its summer sprawl.


The tomato forest continues to advance.


And the potato/calabaza bed is now a thicket. (I've harvested all the cabbages that were in this bed.)

Some good harvests lately.


A good day.

And last, I leave you with an astronaut contemplating the universe . . .


Actually watching the apricot jam boiling. The astronaut's helmet protected him from splatters.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Gemma's person said...

That sky, that harvest, that kid...........what a life!

Anonymous said...

Nice harvest! Beautiful pictures!
Linda

sheila said...

Fertile ground to get a harvest haul like that!