Sunday, August 21, 2022

Snapshots: World's Biggest Calabaza

I've been harvesting copious quantities of calabacitas from the five plants in the garden, but there are always a few that escape my notice and get to calabaza size before I see them.

Like this beast that was hiding near the fence.


It looks like a reasonable size in the photo . . .


Until I put my hand there for scale. YIKES.

A belated confession: I did not actually take any other new photos this week. Not much better than last week. 

However! By the time you read this, I am probably preparing to come back home from a weekend in Taos with my brother and sister. So next week, I should have some much more exciting snapshots for you.

For now, I will leave you with this one of A. and I on our wedding day many, many years ago.


Nineteen years and a lot of gray hairs ago, to be exact.

There you have it! My life (minimally) snapshotted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is one huge calabaza!
Linda

Gemma's person said...

Those make great pumpkin pies or anything you use butternut squash for. Just more watery.
That is the most important photo in your life , though. Thanks for the giant calabaza and wedding.
Taos.........man oh man. Hope you had so much fun!!!!!!

JP2GiannaT said...

This conversation is reminding me uncomfortably of the two oversized hardened zucchini I suspect may still be lurking in the depths of my pantry...