Sunday, November 13, 2022

Snapshots: Seasonal Decor

Okay, so I'm actually not really into "seasonal decor" because I have nowhere to store it when it's not in-season. And because I just can't be bothered to change things like that out all the time. I can barely keep my house picked up and clean, much less with seasonal decoration.

But if I have to move all the squash into A.'s office anyway so it doesn't freeze in the 18-degree night . . .


Seasonal! (My mother gave me the metal Pilgrim turkey almost 20 years ago. Yikes.)


"Why am I seeing pumpkins everywhere?" Poppy asked. Because they're seasonal decor, child! 

Most of the squash were too big to be used as decorations, though, so they got stored in a festive (and seasonal!) pile under the front of A.'s desk.


The wires are not seasonal. They're always there. 

Not pictured are the seven GIANT calabazas that also went into A.'s office. I'm sure all this squash in there will increase his productivity. Ahem.

Another change to the house due to the season is the addition of two lights in the dining room part of the kitchen. There has never been quite enough light in there, despite two wall lights and a light over the table. I spent a LONG TIME looking at light fixtures online before buying two matching plaster ones that we hung on either side of the dining room. 


Let there be light.

It's hard to photograph lights, and it looks kinda weird in that picture, but I love them. Just enough light added to the room that I don't feel as if I'm squinting into the gloom while we eat, but not so much that I'm squinting from the glare. Yay.

And last, basketball season begins Monday.


The requisite huge shoes have been purchased, and we're ready to go.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

6 comments:

Elaine N said...

Decorating with real food is always a good thing. I'm not into seasonal decoration either but last Christmas I hurt my youngest daughter's feelings because it was very evident that I didn't prepare much for her family's visit. Hmm, will need to rethink this....

samcarter said...

Thank you for normalizing visible wires on the floor! They abound here, and while they don't bother me, when I look at online interior decorating posts and such, I get the feeling the wires *should* bother me, but I've learned to ignore them.

mbmom11 said...

Quite festive - decorations that are,seasonal and edible!
The basket ball sneakers are cool. I learned this past week that I needed to get new sneakers with laces for basketball. In his first game, his slip- on sneakers flew off when he was running. However, he had to quickly learn how to tie laces. (We've always done velcro.)
Enjoy the season!

Anonymous said...

Love the bbshoes! And it will be interesting to see the player grow into his feet. Mil

Kit said...

I have globs of wires too. Oh well.

Tu mere said...

Love the turkey. Can’t believe you still have it! So very much squash. That would depress me as I’d feel like I had to cook it all. Last but not least, another season,another sport. All good news.