Sunday, February 19, 2023

Snapshots: Snow!

The five or so inches of snow we got a few days ago is the first measurable precipitation we've gotten in . . . actually, I don't know. Months, for sure.


A very welcome sight.


Also very cold.

The cold temperatures that came along with the storm meant that we spent a few days working hard to make sure all the animals had liquid water.

For the chickens, it's easiest to give them a smaller amount of water in something like a plastic bucket. 


Empty ice cream tubs are perfect.

The advantage of that is its flexibility. Even when it's frozen solid, I can just put a bit of liquid water in it to loosen up the sides, then sort of flex the sides and pop out the big chunk of ice before re-filling. Much better than a big bucket of water.

Things I never thought I would need to know . . .

And finally, the last basketball game of the season on Thursday included a parent appreciation presentation, at which I was given a small bag of treats--promptly devoured by the young children with me--and a rose. Which means I have a flower on my table once again. It's been awhile.


A brave display of color in the midst of drab late winter.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

1 comment:

Tu Mere said...

Red roses, at least from what I read, are expensive this time of year (think Valentine’s Day!) so that was a special appreciation gift. Really nice to see it brighten your room/table. Too bad it won’t last as long as the flowers gathered from your garden or nature’s wild flowers on the side of the road. Snow kind of puts a kibosh on that.