Sunday, May 14, 2023

Snapshots: Mom Things

Happy Mother's Day! Here are some woolly moms:


Ravenous for hay. Which is what happens when you're nursing, as I well remember. Although for me, it was peanut butter, not hay.

Some of my own little lambs brought home Mother's Day gifts from school for me.


The one on the right that says "You're the Bomb, Mom" is a homemade (schoolmade?) bath bomb.

And what might be in that little booklet entitled "I Love My Mom because . . ."?


"I love my mom because if she was not there I would not be alive." Can't argue with that logic.

I also got some very pretty paper flowers, the petals of which were formed by trace-outs of that child's hands. They went right into my Special Mom Jar, where I keep all the treasures--rocks, feathers, etc.--presented to me by my children.


It's a pretty full jar at this point.

I gotta say, Mother's Day gifts from little ones are one of my favorite things, and I will be sad when I no longer have small enough children that I'm getting these. Also, to all the teachers who make these things happen: It is truly appreciated. Thank you.

And last, a vaguely Mom Thing in that one of my children is in this photo:


Little pink hat in the little blue truck.

There you have it! My (mothering) life, snapshotted.

Happy Mother's Day to all my sisters-in-arms. I hope your day is just as you wish it to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like some very lovely gifts from your kids!
Happy Mother's Day!
Linda

Anonymous said...

I hear you....and don't be sad. Being a mom is a truly understated behind the scenes job.

I've also kept every trinket that our daughter gave me ( well, the half eaten Tootsie roll presented to me on my second mother's day being the exception...why half you ask? Because mommy doesn't mind sharing was what her dad was told when he inquired)

You know what though...this morning I got a call at 4 a.m. (she's in South Korea, army and was on her way to the helicopter hangers) and in that very brief call she thanked me for always being there and supporting her no matter what.

That's all I needed to make my day.

Your kiddos will do the same as they grow and come to realize/ appreciate all you do...in the meantime, your in the trenches of child rearing...enjoy every paper flower, painted rock minute...even the gnarly snot encrusted ones.

From one mother to another I wish you a happy mother's day.

It mere said...

So wonderful to have young ones to totally brighten your day. All the gifts you received were amazing. Lucky you!

Elaine N said...

Your pretty full jar brings back so many sweet memories of gifts from children through the years. I'm late reading this post because on Mother's Day I was quite busy babysitting an even better gift - a little grandson. So although the gifts from children stop for a while, especially in the teenage years, there's a lot to look forward to in the future.