Sunday, September 24, 2023

Snapshots: Must Be Fall

The First Day of Fall was all over the place online yesterday. For many people, that seems to mean pumpkin spice, fall decor, and cozy blankets. For me, it means an excess of tomatoes and apples.


And there they are, right on cue!

Of course, this year, neither of those are from my own property. My parents brought me the tomatoes, which I think they bought in bulk at Whole Foods. The apples came from a lady down the hill who brought us apples last year. She's a friend of our neighbor Miss Amelia's daughter, so I don't even really know her at all, but I sure do appreciate the apples from her trees.

I had a helper to make applesauce, of course:


No child can resist a Foley food mill.

After a couple of rounds of roasting and pureeing for the tomatoes, I was left with this:


Full jars always make me happy.

Let's see what else I have . . .


Sunflowers and the rising sun.


Sunflowers reflecting the rising sun.


And sunflowers on my table. Along with two computers, because I was teaching online when I was home sick on Monday, which requires one computer for my Zoom meeting and one so I can navigate around the texts we're discussing.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, I have a foley food mill.
Linda

mbmom11 said...

Two monitors is the way to go! For Google classroom, I've always had a tablet computer in companion mode on one side projecting notes and to show work, with another computer for the Classroom with the student. I could never fit everything on one screen.

Daisy said...

Full jars make me happy, too. I'm glad you have resources for these good foods!