Sunday, December 17, 2023

Snapshots: Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Quite literally, as you will see.

The storm we had this week started with rain, which changed to freezing rain and sleet, and then snow overnight. The resulting landscape around my house was so beautiful, even my terrible old phone camera couldn't mess up the photos. 



Cloudy walk with the dogs.


Ice-coated grass.


Ice-coated fence, on a different morning walk with no clouds.


The sky to the west when the sun is juuust rising is my favorite. It doesn't come through well in photos, but it's layers of pink and purple.


A snowy schoolhouse reflecting the sunrise.


And a snowy windmill and apricot tree just as the sun cleared the horizon.

Last, I will leave you with a couple of photos courtesy of Poppy, who took about twenty pictures of our Christmas tree to send to my mother.


The bedazzled ball sent by my sister years ago is my children's favorite ornament.


Merry and bright, indeed.

There you have it! My (wintery) life, snapshotted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots!
Linda

Mei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mei said...

Now I will try in understandable English.

People like to think their country is so much different than others. Truthfully, your photos remind me of places I have seen in China. Wherever it is, it is beautiful.