Sunday, March 17, 2024

Snapshots: Flowers and Tea

So many dainty photos this week.


Buds on the apricot tree, which turned into . . .


Flowers on the apricot tree.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely there will ever be many apricots on the apricot tree. We usually get a bad freeze or wind storm that kills off the blooms or tiny apricots. But you never know! This may be our year!

Meanwhile, in the mechanic's-pit bulb garden . . .


Crocuses!

The children associate the MiL with tea parties. With good reason, as some of you might recall if you've been reading here a long time. (Wookit da widdle baby boys!)

So of course, we had to have a tea party while the MiL was here.


Tea table.

I made scones, whipped cream, and strawberry jam*, and also put out cheese and summer sausage for the less-delicate among us who needed a heartier tea.

The mugs you see there are some of my dad-the-former-fighter-pilot's squadron mugs. Definitely not delicate, but fun for the children to use.

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

* Yes, I actually made the jam. I'll tell you all about that on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Over tea--that's how I first met the MiL in Albuquerque in the 1970s! I still prefer tea to coffee. Mary in MN.