Sunday, March 10, 2024

Snapshots: Sneaky Winter

I woke up Friday morning to this:


Not spring-y.

I was very glad we didn't have to go anywhere. It melted pretty quickly after it stopped snowing, because this is March, not January.

I've been using a random succession of coffee mugs for years, none of which I really loved. They were all just things we had around. After my last coffee mug got broken, I decided to buy one that I really wanted. It had to be big enough--I got a 16-ounce size, although I don't fill it all the way--and the right shape.


Perfect.

I like that shape because the slighly narrower neck keeps the coffee hot a bit longer. It's also narrow enough that my small hands can grip around that part.

I love it. It makes me happy every morning. 

Poppy requested a somewhat involved hairstyle this week.


Pigtails turned braids turned buns.

Unsurprisingly, her hair was not still in this style when she got home. She had taken all this out and had put it in a ponytail.

And last, I substituted in the phrase-cube classroom on Tuesday. This was my phrase for the day:


Representative of my attitude this day, I'm afraid. (And STILL, no comma. Boooo.)

There you have it! My life, snapshotted.

6 comments:

mbmom11 said...

Did your flowers in the former mechanic's pit survive the snow?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

mbmom11: Oh yes! All of those spring bulbs are just fine with snow, as long as it doesn't get too cold. Crocuses and daffodils can handle well below freezing; tulips just slightly below freezing. I don't think it ever got much below 30 degrees, so everything in that bed was fine.

Kit said...

Glad you found a mug you like, it makes a big difference.

Anonymous said...

Great mug!
Linda

Tu mere said...

Sorry. You got your small hands from me. Makes travel mugs really hard to buy, unless they have a handle that is. Impressive hair work.

Elaine N said...

I am always amazed at the satisfaction and even joy that the prefect mug gives to my morning caffeine.