Monday, January 19, 2009

The WINNAH!

I know you've all been coming here every day, reading about frozen pillows and chili cheese fries and freakish tomatoes and thinking, "God, is she ever going to just shut up and SHOW US THE MONEY?" (I may be the only person in America who still quotes that totally overused line from "Jerry Maguire"--and then laughs.)

First, let me say I was just tickled that many people commented for the first time. Who knew I had a reader in Saskatchewan? Have I ever mentioned that A. is fond of remarking that someday, we'll leave all this behind and go live on a potato farm in Saskatchewan? Yeah. Makes Blackrock seem pretty good in comparison.

Second, let me say that I actually used the random number generator thingie. I even read the excessively long and needlessly complicated Introduction at the random number generator thingie. Not that I understood a damn thing in the Introduction, except that numbers appear to be randomly generated by lightning. Who knew? Or maybe I just thought that because I saw a nice photo of lightning somewhere in the Introduction but skipped the text around it.

BUT ANYWAY.

So I used the random number thingie (and yes, Sweet Bird, I DID enter you, even though you were late, because I'm nice like that), which is pretty techie for me. I'm not techie enough to figure out how to capture a screen shot of the randomly generated number, however, so you're all going to have to trust that it was all fair and aboveboard.

And now! For the WINNAH! Finally . . .

The number generator generated number 15, and that was . . .

RLS!!!!!

Congratulations, RLS! I have no idea who you are, Mystery Woman, since you refuse to have a blog of your own and instead lurk on other people's blogs. Like mine. So thanks for lurking! And if you e-mail me at countrykrisATgmail.com, I'll e-mail you back your $25 Amazon certificate. And then you have to tell us what you spent it on. Unless you're going to buy something personal, like appliances for your private moments, and then you should definitely keep that to yourself.

Thanks for playing, y'all! And thanks for coming here and reading all these hundreds of posts and thousands of words. Peace, love, unity, and doggie kisses from all of us here at Blackrock to all of you in the great wide Internet.

6 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Congrats RLS!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Does Amazon sell appliances for your private moments? Actually, don't answer that. I don't want to know if you know that, even though it made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. The random number generator likes me! It really likes me!

Seriously, one reason I don't have a blog is this crushing insecurity that no-one would read it because I couldn't possibly be as funny and interesting as you and Jive Turkey and all the others. (BTW has anyone heard from JT today? The Steelers excitement didn't make her go into early labor, did it?)

Anyway, many thanks for the gift certificate, and I promise that if I do decide to use it on an appliance for private moments, I will lie my head off about it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats RLS!!! Awesome... wow. Kristin... suggestions: I would love for you to write a book - you have the kind of seriously charming and funny vignettes that would be fun to read by the fireplace, radiator, baseboard... whatever toasts our toes while you... oh I can't resist, warm the cockles of our hearts with your humor. Just a thought...

jean said...

Congrats to rls. And now I'm off to check out Amazon, I'm curious to see if they have those, umm, things.

Sweet Bird said...

Congratulations RLS! And thank you Kristin for entering my delinquent self. I promise to get back to my daily readings now that I'm at home...except when I leave again in two weeks and won't have internet again for a while...but then, really, I promise.