Monday, January 4, 2010

I Just Have To Share This With You

I somehow got on a list to receive e-mails from a local realtor who is always sending out announcements about various community events. I never go to the events, because I am essentially anti-social, but I always read the e-mails.

The one I got most recently was for a New Year's party, except it was on January 2nd. I don't know what the reasoning behind that was, but whatever. That's not the point. The point was this line in the announcement (copied and pasted in the original color and font, because isn't it festive?):

We have heat, cards, ping pong, foosball, a piano, music, coffee, cake, tables, and a festive tree.

In case you skipped right over it, the very first enticement listed there is what? That's right. HEAT. Around here, that's all you really need to make a party happen. Isn't it nice we all have such low standards?

8 comments:

BOSSY said...

Bossy used to live on a farm, in a carriage house, with only a wood stove as the source of heat. Truly. And at the same time, Dave Matthews had a song that was popular, "So Much To Say", and in that song was a line,

"Got central heating, and I'm alright..."

And Bossy, living in that carriage house, KNEW what Brother Dave was singin' 'bout.

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee, heeat. Smile on your brother now. Love everybody. Now , you cannot tell me at some point in your blackrock adventures you wouldn't have gone somewhere JUST because they had heat. AND how can A. pass up foosball??

word verification "balimo"

long forgotten battle on a warm water vacation destination

FinnyKnits said...

Heat is always a big winner for me. Hell, it was hovering around the 50s in our house last night and I couldn't WAIT to go to our neighbors' for dinner because they let me flick the switch on their gas fireplace so I can thaw my toes. LOVE THEM.

CountryMidwife said...

I'd have gone just for the tables.

Daisy said...

We have HEAT!! Sounds good.

Mayberry Magpie said...

Man, am I feeling UPTOWN, because we had ALL THAT in our carriage house this holiday break. We had weeping walls, you know, but we had HEAT, and PING PONG and CAKE and all that jazz. Who knew that's all I needed?

SaintTigerlily said...

What is this "heat" you speak of?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start all of my invitations this way from now on. In fact, I wish I would have put it on my wedding invitations.

"Dinner and dancing and HEAT to follow in the reception hall."