Thursday, August 14, 2008

Greeting the Day

Good morning! It's a foggy, spooky morning at Blackrock today. I took the camera out with me when I went outside to capture some of the cool fogginess, but because I am the World's Worst Photographer (I expect my certificate any day now), the foggy pictures didn't look as . . . foggy as the real thing. But I did get some nice shots of the smiling, wagging, and loudly maaing faces that greet me every morning. Would you like to see?


First, I let the dogs out of their nightly imprisonment . . .



We're innocent, I tell you! INNOCENT!


Then, I snuck up on the ewes and got a peaceful photo of them before they opened their mouths to start yelling for corn . . .

Mercifully quiet . . . for the moment.

Next, I turned to the right to capture The Boys filing over, expressing their desire for grain . . .

"Maa" can be loosely translated to, "Gimme corn, fool!"

There were also cats milling around begging for food, but I didn't take a picture of them.

So, how do you start your mornings?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mornings are nowhere near as beautiful as yours. Although this morning I woke up to a dove cooing on my windowsill, and that was really nice. And then I remembered I had to get up and come to work, and there was great sadness in the land.

Leslie said...

I usually wake up a few minutes before the alarm and snuggle with John. I'm ready in about 10 minutes, and we're out the door to catch the bus to the metro station. Before I know it, I'm at work where my 9 hour day feels more like 900. Why does time seem to stop when you're not having fun?

SaraPMcC said...

I begin most mornings by pressing the snooze button a few (hundred) times. Then I finally get out of bed, thinking about how late I am and how much I'd rather stay in bed. When I finally get to work, after driving behind what are always the slowest people EVER, I log in downstairs and slowly drag my ass up the stairs to my doom.

Sweet Bird said...

I would take that morning any day of the week. My morning's usually involve stumbling out of bed in excruciating pain and shuffling to physical therapy so I can actually move for the rest of the day.

Hopefully that will change soon and I can start to appreciate the dreary fog that settles over the area of CA where I live for the entire summer.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Damn, girls, this is some depressing shit. I'm sensing a theme of unhappy mornings in these comments so far . . .

SaraPMcC said...

Well, Kristin, you remember your cubicle days, so you know how it is.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It's so funny because I think of myself as a city girl but then I see pics like this and want to "go country." I guess it's the in between places that I can't stand. Ya know?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Oh yes, X, I know. But you can have your city and live vicariously in the country here. And this way, you don't have to worry about stepping in sheep shit. Win-win!

Anonymous said...

I wake up early, so I can work-out before work. What actually happens, though, is I wake up early and then don't work-out and end up watching the news or something until I have to start getting ready for work. For I am just that lame.

Also, I think you're going to have to fight me for the World's Worst Photographer title. I think I have it in the bag.

Anonymous said...

Wow i feel a bit better about my mornings. I usually just get up and stumble downstairs to feed my cat before climbing back upstairs and showering so i can wake up more. pack my things in my backpack and grab a can of soda to drink while driving to work. when i get to work the soda has worked it's magic and i greet people with a cheery good morning.

Anonymous said...

I think your fog photos turned out brilliantly!