Monday, January 12, 2009

Reason #2,388 Why I Love My Husband

He doesn't just think outside the box--he doesn't even know there is a box.

After the big storm we had Saturday night, A. conceived of a brilliant plan. He figured out a way to plow our driveway. Without a plow.

Now you KNOW I'm all for plowing our driveway, because that means I don't have to shovel it. But his plan was so weird, so odd, so . . . woodchucky.

He attached an old bed box spring to the rear of Big Red by means of an old logging chain and dragged the box spring down the driveway. And I'll be damned if it didn't work. Really well.


Seriously. What can you say about this?

His brain truly works in mysterious ways, but I got a plowed driveway out of the deal, so here's to the woodchuck snow plow! And to A., the biggest woodchuck of them all.

12 comments:

Susan said...

My husband and your husband would get along just dandy.

Aunt Krissy said...

If it works? Do it! You're right. You don't have to shovelnow! Yippy!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing my butt off because 1) you had an old bed spring handy and 2) it worked. Men everywhere will be envious!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Oh, M.M. You would not BELIEVE the wide variety of junk we have on this property. The box spring was meant to be scrapped, but then the prices went so far down for scrap metal that A. decided to just hold on to all the metal he has until prices go back up. Which means we have a very classy pile of junk hidden behind the forsythias. Nice.

Anonymous said...

That's so weird. But fantastic, if it means you didn't have to shovel. I realized my shoulders and back hurt today, and I'm guessing it's from shoveling and cleaning off cars. Blurg.

It's me said...

We used to do that on the ranch. That and sled in a big old upside down car hood dragged behind the pickup. Good stuff!

Unknown said...

I'm laughing only because it sounds soooo much like my dad! He's always figuring a better way to do something with what he's got!! Nothing like a little creative engineering!
Jean

jean said...

I can't imagine it working but what the hell, it beats shoveling.

FinnyKnits said...

I LOVE IT!

He's not a Polack is he? Because that is SO something we'd do.

High-five to the mister on that one. RAD.

Anonymous said...

I suspect more snow is a-comin' your way, so keep that box spring handy, A.!

MsPicketToYou said...

The woodchuck... could.

Anonymous said...

Dude! I would shit twice and die if I woke up and Jake did that. I might just start my own list of reasons as to why I love your husband. :)