Sunday, January 11, 2009

Woodchuck Winter Wonderland--Revisited

I'm sure you all remember what it looks like around here after a big snowstorm, so there's really no need for me to keep posting photos of it, is there? I can just tell you six inches of snow fell last night, and you'll be able to visualize the result, right? Right.

Of course, we were prepared. We filled the sheep's manger to the roof with hay yesterday and I brought in a ton of wood yesterday afternoon right after the snow started. Good thing, because there are few things more dispiriting than having to flail through the snow in your robe when you first get up to dig out the woodpile so the fire doesn't go out. But because I thought ahead and stocked up, I now have, oh, a couple of hours to sit by the fire and drink my coffee before I need to shovel out the woodpile to replenish the wood supply. Hurray for OCD!

And with that pleasant thought, I bid you all adieu with this blessing: May your wood always be plentiful and your fire always burn bright. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I somehow missed your OCD post back in August but read it today and LOL. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who plans trips in my head. But the bad thing is when I have occasion to take a trip with Mr. Mom, it makes me batty that he doesn't drive according to the map in my head. I'll be screaming inside my head "Nooooooo, don't turn there! You'll have to backtrack! No, no, no!"

Sure wish we had some snow 'round these parts.

Anonymous said...

We got about 6 inches of snow yesterday, too. I'm just going to sit here and be glad I don't have to bring in wood, ever. Happy Sunday by the fire!

jean said...

We only got 1 or 2 inches here. Of course then it was coated with a thick layer of ice. Fortunately, I didn't have to leave the house and instead made chili, chicken soup and brownies.