Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oh, Right

You're expecting me to post something witty and amusing today, aren't you? Right. Just gimme a second . . .

(The rooster execution we have scheduled today isn't very amusing, can't talk about that . . . The septic system dye test we're having this morning does not lend itself to witticisms. God, I hope we pass it . . . Probably no one cares that I gotta find and fix the hole in the pasture fence this morning so the dogs will stay put at night instead of sneaking out like wayward teenagers . . . There's always the Saturday dump run, except I've already covered that . . . A. is going to finish the evil gate that claimed my thumb as a sacrifice last Saturday and then finish fencing in the hollow so the sheep can eat the bamboo shoots this spring and maybe foil the bamboo's dastardly plan of taking over the whole goddamn world, but that's not very entertaining, unless HIS thumb explodes, too . . . Damn. I got nothin'.)

I'm sorry, but I appear to have nothing at all interesting to talk about. What a boring life I lead. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

5 comments:

Mayberry Magpie said...

We really can't talk about the rooster execution? Because I really want to talk about that!

(Before Mayberry, I lived near some folks that kept chickens. Their damn rooster woke me up every morning. I HATED that rooster.)

rls said...

You could always post another puppy picture. SOME readers really don't seem to care what you have to say lately anyway, as long as you post pictures of cuteness. Just sayin'.

Chiot's Run said...

Perhaps you should get some bees, that would give you something exciting to write about. We released our queen today. We are hoping she's in the hive, there's always a risk that she can get away.

jean said...

You don't need to talk about anything, just post pictures.

About that rooster? No need to show pictures.

Daisy said...

Sometimes boring is good! I hope your thumb is healing.