Monday, June 1, 2009

Derailed

Dang. I was SO PREPARED for my post today. I actually knew what I was going to write about. In direct contrast to the many, many days I sit down at the computer, spend a good, oh, 30 seconds in deep thought and contemplation, and then end up posting something profound about pajamas.

BUT ANYWAY.

The MiL drove several hours yesterday with two of the remaining puppies so a lady who shows collies could pick one to buy. A. and I got home from various errands just as the MiL was about to leave, and I actually ran upstairs to get the camera and take a photo of them in their crates so I could post the, "one more puppy down!" update today.

They went straight from the Puppy Penitentiary to solitary confinement.

And then the lady decided she didn't want either one of them. Poor rejected puppies. And poor MiL, who drove eight hours round-trip and returned home with both puppies. Though I did still manage to make this "I don't have a post!" whinging into, uh, a post. Huh, how about that.

This blogging thing, man. It just comes naturally to me.

11 comments:

mdvelazquez said...

Poor puppies!

Don't discount discussions about sleepwear. Sleepwear is very important.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin,

I work with Tina & live in Auburn, and found your blog through her blog... yadda yadda...

LOVE collies. Love SMOOTH collies. I have 2 greyhounds now, but have thought about getting a smooth collie for so long... they are just magnificent.

Anyway... Enjoy your blog! :o)

Jen

Mayberry Magpie said...

I can't believe she drove 8 hours and didn't get an adoptive parent. I'd be mightily miffed.

(Cool alliteration, huh? Mayberry Magpie is mightily miffed. Sorry, I'm easy to entertain that way.)

jean said...

Why? How could she not want them? Both of them? They are so darn cute.

Amy said...

awww.....poor rejected puppies are going to have emotional issueswhen they grow up! That lady is SOOO paying for their therapy!

lookit those faces. How can you not love them to bits....

FinnyKnits said...

I do believe that woman is a communist and your MiL is waaaaaaaay too nice for leaving her unharmed.

8 hours of driving for no good reason? I'd like to think that woman bought her lunch, but I'm afraid to ask.

Meanwhile, you still get to play with puppies! Isn't that fun?

mil said...

Hey, you've got to be fair! The lady I met came up from Pittsburgh; she lives in North Carolina. She and her husband are trying to re-establish the line of collies they had to give up breeding when he worked for AKC. They need and want the perfect dog, since they have to make up for 15 years of not developing their line. So--my little girl puppy is at a bit of an awkward stage, and I wouldn't want these people not to have a dog they were entirely thrilled with. Getting a dog is like getting married--you can't just pick up the first one you see, even if it IS cute.
If you're going to be crazy enough to breed dogs, you've got to expect some lumps along the way--and it was a good day for a drive. Boy, do I ever know the roads in NYState--

Julie said...

Didn't want the puppies! Poppycock...she must be blind.

Daisy said...

Sigh. Poor puppies. Poor MIL!!

CountryMidwife said...

I agree... I'd be mostly or more so, mightily miffed too.... But, kudos to MIL for working so hard to find the perfect home for the pups!

Irene said...

I'd love to have a collie, just not enough space to devote to the poor thing.