Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Look! I'm Not Dead!

Despite wishing fervently for that outcome a mere two hours ago.

So, did you miss me this morning? Did you wonder WHAT in the WORLD could have kept me from sitting down at my computer to write you your daily dose of cheer, the thing that undoubtedly gives light to your dreary days and purpose to your dull drudgery?

I was sitting on the floor of my bathroom, re-enacting my college days. Except without the fun night of heavy drinking that usually precedes such a morning.

Yes, I woke up at 3:30 this morning with the sure sense that it was not going to be a good morning. Six hours later, I was SURE it was not a good morning. And before you get all, "HAHAHAHA--this is what you get for saying you haven't been sick at all during your pregnancy," just back off on the schadenfreude for a minute. I'm pretty sure this had nothing to do with the small being currently residing in my innards. I called the doctor and was told a pretty nasty intestinal bug is going around.

Since I never go anywhere, I'm blaming A. He went to court last night (on someone else's behalf, of course, not because he was arrested for criminal mischief or something), and I am now insisting that he was the one who brought home my own private morning Gethsemane. I know, this is highly unlikely, but it made me feel better to have someone to blame when I was moaning on the floor.

Anyway! All is well now! I am currently on a nutritious and oddly delicious diet of saltines and ginger ale. And I got out of dinner duty. That silver lining--it's always there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - that sucks!! Enjoy that Ginger Ale and crackers and hopefully you'll be back on solid food soon!
Moi

jean said...

Feel better. Maybe a second night of being off dinner duty would help. You don't want a relapse now do you?

Anonymous said...

Boo! Stomach bug + pregnancy = you shouldn't have to lift a finger until the weekend, at least.

Anke said...

Hope you feel better, soon.

Susan said...

You know what? I really did wonder what had happened to you and was worried something had gone wrong with the baby. This sounds weird but I'm glad it was only a brief bug and that you're feeling better.

Mayberry Magpie said...

Isn't it amazing how wonderful saltines are when you are "urpy?"

Urpy is a technical term, in case you didn't know.

sweetbird said...

Hmm...I was thinking I didn't see a new post this morning because I'm still adjusting to the EDT time difference. Sorry to hear it was because you were puking your guts up.

I think A. should have to bring you breakfast in bed AND do all the laundry for at least a week.

Susan said...

And of course A. won't get it because he eats things like tripe and octopus and viruses are scared of him.

x said...

Saltines and Ginger ale. They really do seem quite delicious when you're sick as hell, though, don't they?